Is Your Safety Culture as Strong as You Think?
29 Feb 2024Read more >
Role: SHE & Process Safety Lead
Location: Newton Aycliffe
Contract: Permanent/ Full Time
Develop and lead the Hygienics Safety, Health, Environmental strategy and SHE activities (in line with the Enterprises Policy) to ensure continuous improvement in performance, safety and compliance. To act as a SHE Champion, displaying / promoting the highest possible SHE behaviors. Act as Process Safety knowledge expert on site and advising on all SHE & Process Safety matters in Hygienics.
Ensure compliance and continuous development and simplification of the Enterprises SHE improvement plans, that include but not limited to:
• Guidance Note gap analysis, gap closure & sustainable compliance.
• Lead and facilitate both internal and external annual Process Safety (PS) and Behavior Safety audits, identify gaps and implement and monitor action plans & corrective actions and safety communication saturation levels.
• Own the environmental agenda and sustain/improve ISO 14001.
• Manage the monthly KPI reporting into Enterprises through the SHE reporting tool. Pro-actively and continually monitor SHE performance in both lead/lag indicators with a view to identifying improvement opportunities.
• Lead the Site Senior Team through an annual exercise of developing and evolving the 5 year SHE plan, leading to the identification of annual breakthrough initiatives around SHE & Process Safety, reporting back monthly progress. o Support completion of the annual letter of assurance.
• Implementation of Enterprises SHE policies.
• Manage the site crisis plan. o Legal and legislative compliance.
• Process Safety matter expert.
• Visible felt leadership – acting as the safety moral compass for the site, be a shining example of safety correctness, setting standards and developing a transparent trust based 360 safety culture.
• Visit plant regularly and provide SHE support and advice as required to all levels of the business on a day to day basis to ensure thoroughness and consistency in all SHE activities.
• Lead incident investigations to ensure a high quality investigations have been completed and appropriate actions raised and completed.
• Act as first point of contact for all SHE related queries and, where required, take the lead on external fact finding / knowledge sharing.
• Develop and lead a site specific Safety Committee/Council.
• Represent Hygienics on all safety related matters at the weekly Enterprises SHE call.
• Provide advice, guidance, instruction and training in all SHE matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including where applicable to sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites).
• Be aware of current and emerging legislation and best practice guidance on Health and Safety and facilitate the development of robust and effective policies, systems and processes to the SHE needs of the business. • Report any legal breaches to the relevant authorities.
• Manage the internal auditing programme for SHE and operational audits.
• Develop and promote health and safety awareness and responsibilities throughout the company.
• Develop, deliver, support SHE training across the business.
• Support waste activities on site with internal and external stakeholders.
• Liase with other site based SHE managers and interact/support on shared resources and services such as site security.
Level of education & Experience in general
• Occupational SHE Professional with a minimum 5 years in a dedicated SHE management role within a manufacturing context, ideally chemical/petrochemical/pharmaceutical or similar where bulk chemical/liquid processing and/or packaging takes place.
• Process Safety qualification or experience.
• Recognised higher level Occupational SHE qualification (eg Nebosh Diploma, post graduate MSc etc)
• IOSH Chartered Member (or working towards) desirable
• Have an in depth knowledge of both process and behavioural SHE issues, especially relating to hazards and risks.
• Within a robust understanding of the legal framework, be able analyse and interpret source legislation and guidance and extract key facts and requirements to be included in ongoing work.
• Have skills to be able to research topic areas not known well by the job holder, ensuring high quality information sources are used and be able to make a critical assessment of their relevance to the business.
• Have expertise in technical SHE areas such as analysis assessment techniques including quantified risk assessments, hazard studies, manual handling, management of change etc. in order to be able to give advice to the sites. Behaviours Welcomed
• An engaging, visible leader able to influence decision-making at all levels of the organisation, including external bodies such as regulators, insurance companies etc.
• A values driven, patient individual yet tenacious in getting to root cause who enjoys growing relationships and walks the talk.
• A curious, critical thinker and a pro-active self starter who will see beyond the obvious and disruptively challenge.
• Completer finisher with an attention to detail, but recognises when swift decision making and action is required.
• A communicative shaper and innovator who can solicit participation from employees. • Be able to craft a detailed long term SHE strategy but simplify it into executable and value add short term objectives.
• Team working skills.
• Someone who understand the concept of the emotional bank account.
• Personal responsibility – someone who is ready to accept they got it wrong or something didn’t work, but will embrace that as an opportunity and not defend.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity please contact Travis Townsend at Imperial Professionals.
By Imperial Recruitment Group