Head of Technical Services – Centre of Excellence
Reporting to UK Operations Director
Based in: Teesside (Middlesbrough).
Salary: Negotiable – Whilst all salaries are graded, Sembcorp are keen to attract, retain and develop the highest calibre of colleague. The company also offer a market leading benefits package and annual bonus.
This Head of Technical Services will be commercially astute, technically savvy and have strong people management skills.
The department will support the business from a technical perspective in the identification, development and execution of future and cutting-edge technology.
As a strategic leader in the business this postholder will not just lead the department but also manage a team of highly skilled Technical Engineers.
The right candidate will need to be a qualified engineer with a proven track record of being involved in new project development from a technical perspective.
• Drive and deliver prospective strategic opportunities in key target markets and presenting proposals for investments
• Technical expert for all Sembcorp assets working with teams from across the business to assess suitability, commercial viability and timelines to support the UK Strategy
• Delivery of expert guidance and advice on technologies e.g., New, M&A and low-carbon technologies
• Take a lead role in managing and supporting key relations with existing or potential customers. Represent the company as a technical expert in this area in discussions with external organisations including suppliers, potential new customers, existing customers, and government agencies
• Manage multiple projects from origination to delivery including managing contracts and budgets to deliver strategic studies.
• Actively communicate and collaborate with all Sembcorp functions (Commercial, Business Development, Operations and Trading colleagues) in support of the investigation of prospective opportunities
• Translating initial potential opportunities into current prospects, from the formulation of initial preferred routes of approach to the implementation of action plans and due diligence to complete investment processes
• Develop detailed technical knowledge of net-zero sectors and potential areas to target growth and contribute to broader strategy formulation
• Manage a team of technical colleagues
• Stakeholder Management
• Qualified Engineer with a Science or Engineering Degree
• Chartership would be advantageous but not essential
• Proven track record of being involved in new project development from a technical perspective
• Strong commercial awareness and business focus
• Strong analytical, conceptual and strategic thinker
• Wide experience of plant operations, design and commissioning
• Experience of leading teams and excellent leadership and management skills
• Excellent communication and influencing skills to present to board level, key stakeholders, major customers and suppliers, external agencies and the shopfloor
• Results driven and quality focused
For more information on this opportunity please contact your retained recruitment partner Adam Pearson at Imperial Recruitment Group.
By Imperial Recruitment Group