About the role
Nanomox is seeking an experienced and visionary R&D Chemist to lead a 12-month research project. This role will involve an understanding of hydrometallurgical processing, with a focus on Oxidative Ionothermal Synthesis (OIS®) and rare earth element processing and recycling for permanent magnet applications.
The R&D Engineer will spearhead Nanomox’s exploration and development of this novel area of research to develop new areas of commercial development for Nanomox. The role is initially for 12-months with the possibility of permanency.
In this role, you will be expected to work on-site and take ownership for experimental design and delivery of this exciting area of research. As one of the first technical employees, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the future of Nanomox and be a key contributor to the company’s mission of fighting climate change through the development of sustainable technologies.
What we are looking for
· PhD in Chemistry or Material Science, or equivalent industry experience.
· Expertise in the handling, use, processing or recycling of rare earth elements.
· Broad practical skills, including setting up test stands and prototyping.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, able to collaborate within teams and external collaborators.
· Ability to navigate across different domains of knowledge.
· Demonstrated ability to find solutions in unknown and ambiguous situations.
· Clear communication of technology development vision and strategy.
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral (English), with the ability to produce clear reports for both high-level and technical audiences.
· Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
· Highly self-motivated, with a detail-oriented approach to work.
· Demonstrates professionalism in all interactions, including punctuality, tact, positivity, flexibility, and cooperation.
· Supports the vision, mission, and values of Nanomox.
· Candidates must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
· Expertise in the synthesis of inorganic materials and characterisation techniques (XRD, XRF, SEM, DLS, BET, UV-Vis).
· Expertise in hydrometallurgical processes.
· Experience with permanent magnets would be an additional benefit.
· In-depth knowledge of crystallization processes.
· In-depth understanding of electrochemical principles, techniques, processes and applications.
· Experience with electrochemical reduction and oxidation reactions.
· Guide and deliver the overall experimental research project.
· Develop and implement high quality experimental test-plans.
· Support academic or business collaborations.
· Support dissemination activities (conferences, tweets, technical reports/publications etc).
By Nanomox Ltd