Reporting to Mechanical Functional Manager
Based in: Wilton International, Teesside
Salary: Negotiable – Whilst all salaries are graded, Sembcorp are keen to attract, retain and develop the highest calibre of colleague. Also, the company offer a market leading benefits package and annual bonus.
Working as part of the Engineering Team, and reporting to the Mechanical Functional Manager, the Plant Engineer shall support daily engineering issues on a specific asset providing engineering support and guidance. Responsible for providing engineering support to outage events, projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
The Plant Engineer shall lead the asset life plans and engineering strategy; to support the updates and development of all mechanical engineering polices.
The Plant Engineer will work closely with the Commercial, Operations, Inspection, SHE, Performance and Maintenance functions to support the overall asset plan, and ensure compliance, governance and best practice is adhered to at all times.
• Positively encourage a culture of safety first. “Walk the talk”.
• Champion compliance with all Health, Safety & Environmental legislation and statutory requirements.
• Become an expert with regards to the mechanical integrity associated with the specific asset area, including pipework, rotating machines, valves, conveyers, boilers and relief streams.
• Working across all assets of the business to support and sustain operation, through Planned Maintenance Optimisation and Asset Tactics, a strategy to deliver plant and equipment performance in line with commercial obligations.
• To ensure the strategic objectives of the business are met by initiating, leading and delivering projects and solutions.
• Actively seek new and emerging technologies and methodologies in order to drive the assets to achieve the “Best Available Technology”.
• Take ownership within the organisation to ensure compliance to the relevant engineering standards and quality assurance/control in line with defined statutory and business standards.
• Provide technical advice, guidance and support to the Projects, Maintenance and Operations functions for all mechanical static and rotating equipment and design code requirements.
• Responsible for ensuring an up to date asset criticality assessments, critical spares holding, 5 & 10-year asset life plan, planned maintenance schedule and inspection program is in place and audited for compliance for the assets in their area.
• Represent the company as a technical expert in discussions with external organisations, including suppliers, potential new customers, existing customers, government agencies, etc.
• Work with the Maintenance and Planning Manager to ensure all work is prioritised and scheduled to maximise efficiencies, ensure legal compliance and reduce breakdowns.
• Ensure up to date and detailed asset performance figures are available for assets in their area. Report these to the business and the department.
• Provide out of hours support for the asset with regards to project, outage, maintenance and operations departments as and when required.
• Work with the Outage Team to ensure all mechanical specifications and workscopes are completed in line with the gated process timescales, to assist with planning and execution.
• Demonstrable heavy mechanical engineering experience.
• Excellent knowledge of PSSR Legislation.
• Excellent knowledge of Industry British Standards and Relevant Design Codes.
• Excellent management skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience of engineering and equipment maintenance in the plant area or similar operation.
• IT skills (use of Outlook, Microsoft Packages).
• Up to date with best practice maintenance and engineering techniques.
• Excellent awareness and implementation of SHE requirements.
• Good influencing skills.
• Good commercial awareness and understanding of cost control and contractor management.
• Good report writing, communication and meeting skills.
• High concern for standards.
• High level of personal resilience.
• Degree Qualified (BEng Mechanical Engineering preferred).
For more information on this opportunity please contact Dan Lee at Imperial Recruitment Group
By Imperial Recruitment Group