The Department for International Trade (DIT) are delighted to invite North East businesses to a free event, designed to explore their business potential in North America and Canada.
The US is our biggest market and our closest global partner across many strands of our societies. Recent research carried out by Santander Bank shows that more UK companies would prefer to trade with North America as opposed to Europe.
Opportunities exist for businesses of all sizes and a variety of sectors. Including, but not limited to:
– AEM (Aerospace, Automotive, Future mobility, Defence, Security and Space)
– Capital Investment
– Clean Growth and Energy
– Creative, Media and Sport Economy
– Food and Drink
– Financial and Professional Services, particularly FinTech
– Healthcare and Lifesciences
– Technology, including EdTech
At the event we will be joined by Frances Moffett-Kouadio, Director Exports North America at the Department of International Trade, and representatives from DIT Canada, who will explain the opportunities and challenges of doing business in North America and Canada.
– Hear from like-minded businesses, who will share their experiences of exporting to the USA and Canada.
– Gain an understanding of the opportunities available, as well as the challenges to consider when trading within these markets.
– Have your questions answered during a Q&A session and networking lunch.
– Discover how DIT can support companies to export to the US and Canada.
– Receive advice and guidance from in-market specialists.
– Have the opportunity to receive tailored one-to-one advice for your business – appointments will be offered on a first come-first served basis.
Come along to understand how DIT can help your business to take advantages of the opportunities, overcome any challenges and support you to grow your business in the USA and/or Canada.
Friday 4th November
The Riverside, Chester-Le-Street
09:30 – 13:00
By Department for International Trade