Fresh off the back of the Green Trade and Investment Expo coming to Gateshead, join the Department for International Trade (DIT) North East and Sustainable Business Services to discover how to build a sustainable business strategy.
Adopting sustainable business practices not only provides a positive impact on your carbon footprint, but can also help you to reduce business costs, implement more innovative strategies, improve your business’ reputation, and help to attract new customers who value sustainability.
In this free half-day workshop, we will cover:
– Climate Change 101 – a brief introduction to some of the terms used and what is happening
– Carbon foot printing and reporting for business – jargon busting
– Why this is important for businesses
– What can we do within exporting to reduce our impact?
– Actions, tools and support available – what’s next?
– Discover how to update your processes and implement sustainable business practices
– Understand how to make small changes across every element of the business
– Explore how to make small changes a consistent habit
– Hear from a North East business, who will share how sustainable business practices have impacted their business
– Visit our Made in the UK Hydrogen Bus
– Have your questions answered during an interactive Q&A session
– Share best practice with like-minded businesses over a networking lunch
This is a great opportunity to explore how building a sustainable business strategy can positively impact your business, both domestically and internationally!
Wednesday 2 November
St James’ Park, Newcastle
09:30 – 13:00
By Department for International Trade