NEPIC Sunderland |
RTC North, Colima Avenue
Sunderland, SR5 3XB United Kingdom
9:00 am - 1:30 pm
The process sector is unusual in many respects. It is dominated by multinational corporations with complex organisations that are hard to engage. The process sector environment also drives different attitudes to innovation, risk and decision making.
This workshop intends to demystify sales in the process sector. We will help you understand how the purchasing process differs so that you can adapt your approach to be more successful.
The workshop will build upon many of the elements introduced in previous workshops and help you adapt them to be more effective selling to the process sector.
Topics we will cover:
• How the structure and organisation of process sector companies impacts the decision making and purchasing processes and how to leverage that knowledge
• Understanding how and where to engage with the process sector and large corporations
• How to improve the strategy and design of your value proposition to make it more attractive and accessible
• We will evaluate process sector attitudes and approaches to different risks and the direct and consequential impact of change
• We will explore to further understand the commercial opportunities, limitations and flexibility of selling to process sector corporations
Supported by many real case studies this workshop will provide practical advice and support to enable participants to develop and improve their sales approach to the process sector. We will encourage the sharing of individuals’ concerns, experiences and challenges.
At the close of the event there will be the opportunity to hold a brief one-to-one surgery for any immediate queries.
SME Growth has been established to help the vibrant small business community across Durham, Tyne and Wear and Northumberland achieve ambition and growth via business mentoring and facilitated industry engagement.
Through NEPIC’s network of experts and mentors, we want to help you take your business forward; helping you to overcome growth barriers and seek success within the region’s vibrant chemical-processing sectors.
The programme, which is a spin-off from NEPIC’s highly successful business acceleration for SMEs project, will utilise the cluster’s extensive knowledge and network to mentor companies into new business and assist with energy management for growth.
SME Growth is a free service available to growth-orientated Durham, Tyne and Wear and Northumberland-based businesses employing less than 250 staff and with an annual turnover no greater than £40m per annum.
Supported by the North East Local Enterprise Partnership and part-financed by the European Regional Development Fund, the NEPIC SME Growth programme will support eligible SMEs throughout 2016 – 2018 inclusive.