October 17, 2018
The Wilton Centre | Wilton TS10 4RF United Kingdom
9:30 am - 5:30 pm
KTN, along with STFC, is hosting an event on 17 October where companies in the chemical sector can learn about B4I and other funding and discuss challenges with world-leading scientists.
Speakers from Shell, Unilever, Johnson Matthey and KTN will be at a Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) event on 17 October at the Centre for Process Innovation (CPI). Delegates from the chemical sector are invited to attend to:
• discuss with world-leading scientists challenges their company is facing
• find out about B4I and other funding
• understand how to access cutting-edge research
• network with other chemical companies
• tour CPI’s state-of-the-art facilities
Bridging for Innovators (B4I)
One of the funding routes that will be discussed is B4I; this is funding available from STFC that supports industries to overcome challenging manufacturing or process performance. B4I will give organisations access to STFC’s unique laboratories to engage with first-class researchers, allowing them to develop projects that address specific challenges.
STFC operates large-scale laboratories with key experimental and computational capabilities relevant to the chemical sector. These include:
• understanding the mechanisms of chemical and biological synthesis
• characterising the properties of products and intermediaries
• studying production processes, including catalytic systems
• investigating the structure, properties and effects of formulated products
• interpreting large datasets to drive decision making
To register for the free event on 17 October at CPI in Wilton, click here.