My passion is helping SMEs and gain great job satisfaction if I feel that I’ve helped them. Over the years I’ve had the opportunity and privilege to gain first-hand experience of their needs by working on projects to support them. I’ve seen them progress from start up right through to exporting by working on:-
a) Start-Up project with Business Link
b) Mentoring project with Business Link
c) UKTI project with Business Link helping first time exporters
d) National role with UKTI being the hub between UK companies, overseas embassies, Trade Associations etc
By gaining this wealth of experience across a range of industries providing project management support, auditing and administrative skills, I was able to come to NEPIC and be able to assist on the numerous long term Projects that NEPIC has been successful in bidding for to help SMEs.
Added to this, I have extensive knowledge on RGF, ERDF & Horizon 2020 compliance and have just completed work with Project Managers on:-
• 3 year RGF (BASME) Project to help 400+ SMEs grow
• 3 year ERDF (DEELOCSI) Project to help 120 SMEs improve energy efficiency and help lower their carbon footprint
• European-funded Industrial Parks Project with 13 European partners to identify practical paths for Europe to grow a revitalised low carbon industrial base
I have just started work on 2 ERDF Projects:-
• SME Growth Project which aims to help SMEs in NELEP area to grow by helping them sell into the NE region’s process sector and also help them with Energy Management
• Innovate Tees Valley which will support SMEs in meeting their innovation challenges.
One of the arms of being successful on any funded project is to ensure that all evidence complies with the funding bodies’ requirements – not always a thankful task when pushing my colleagues for hard evidence! On the plus side, by being “bossy” we’ve passed all audits undertaken on our projects.
As an extra I also manage the debtor’s list plus anything else that’s thrown at me!
Direct Line: +44(0) 1642 442 570
Mobile: n/a<< Back to team