Retiring NEPIC chief executive, Dr. Stan Higgins, had a lifetime’s work celebrated at the 2017 Chemical Industry Awards on 15 June.
Stan, who is due to retire at the end of the summer, was awarded with the Lifetime Achievement Award following an industry career that spanned five decades.
Held at the Queens Hotel in Leeds, the celebration dinner saw 15 awards presented in total by the organisation that represents chemical and pharmaceutical businesses throughout the UK.
Upon receiving this award, Stan commented:
“I am thrilled to be honoured in this way by the CIA, an organisation that represents an industry I am so passionate about.
“This award clearly recognises the work that the NEPIC team and the industrialists concerned have undertaken to revitalise and grow this industry. I am proud to have been part of that and must thank those that gave me this opportunity to explore my passion for the sector and in representing its capabilities in North East England.”
Upon closing, Stan said:
“I dedicate this award to all those that have put up with me over the years and thank you.”
Speaking to industry representatives in attendance, Chief Executive of the Chemical Industries Association Steve Elliott said:
“The quality of our Award entries gets higher each year. I want to pay tribute to all who entered and congratulate all our winners for their achievement. As these awards show, alongside the work our sector does day in day out, we are a winning industry. Thank you to the women and men who lead and work in our companies”.
• ABB Manufacturing & Resource Efficiency Award – Winner: Johnson Matthey, Edinburgh
• BASF Young Ambassador Award – Winner: Stephen Donnelly, Dow Chemical, Belfast
• Chemical Industry Service Provider of the Year Award, Sponsored by CIEC – Winner: HFL Consulting, Denton
• CIA Company of the Year Award – Winner: Nufarm UK Ltd, Wyke
• Environmental Leadership Award, Sponsored by ERM – Winner: EPC United Kingdom plc, Bramble Island
• GSK Innovation Award – Winner: BASF, Bradford
• Health Leadership Award, Sponsored by Eversheds Sutherland – Winner: DSM Nutritional Products, Dalry
• INEOS Responsible Care Award – Winner: LyondellBasell, Carrington
• Reputation Award, Sponsored by Chemicals Northwest – Winner: BASF, Bradford
• Skills Award, Sponsored by Cogent Skills – Winner: GlaxoSmithKline, Stevenage
• Lifetime Achievement Award – Winner: Dr Stan Higgins, NEPIC