Back to News >
A study of the UK chemical industry’s digital transformation and the building blocks of reliable return on investment from Industry 4.0.
- Digital transformation is widely recognised as an imperative for the UK chemical industry.
- Senior management are demanding that the business case for investment in Industry 4.0 offers reliable return on investment.
- Experts from the sector interviewed for this study have outlined key building blocks – effective Industry 4.0 investments for the UK chemical industry – which help to deliver an accumulating return, while enhancing service levels offered to customers.
Typically, the key investment building blocks were felt to be:-
- Digitalise the physical environment
- Standardise data protocols
- Invest in applications using the data pool
- Data exchange with upstream supply chain
- Make the digital connection to customers
Follow the link below to download the white paper>>
External URL: https://www.siemens.com/uk/en/home/markets/chemical-industry/chemical-industry-4-0-a-formula-for-investment-white-paper.html
By Siemens PLC, Industry Automation & Drives Technology