Graduate Energy Trader
Reporting to the Head of Trading
Salary: The salary banding is negotiable based on experience. Also, the company offers a market-leading benefits package and annual bonus.
Hours: Monday – Friday days and nights (Rota)
Closing Date: 25th October
As a Graduate Energy Trader, you will be responsible for supporting the optimization of Sembcorp Energy UK’s generation assets within the UK Energy markets. You will be required to monitor markets and report on any market drivers, as well as identify any potential risks to Sembcorp’s portfolio. Following a full training period, during which you will be mentored throughout, you will be working as part of a shift team that works on a 12hr rotation, ensuring that the Trading desk is always covered.
• Supporting the optimization of Sembcorp Energy UK’s generation assets in both the
Day-Ahead and Within-Day UK Energy markets.
• Carry out approved trading strategies for both Power and Gas markets
• Identify and evaluate value-added trading strategies and opportunities within the UK wholesale Energy markets.
• Correct trade allocation, nomination, and scheduling.
• Provide analytical support for detailed and timely analysis of UK Power and Gas markets.
• Build relationships with both existing and new counterparties.
• Comply with Sembcorp’s risk and compliance policies and procedures.
• Competent with Microsoft Office,
• Enthusiasm to learn about the UK Energy markets.
• Analytical skills.
• Clear communication skills.
• Demonstratable attention to detail.
• Organisational skills.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Ability to demonstrate a commitment to health and safety.
• The right to work in the UK.
• Competitive basic salary dependent on experience with development plan.
• Discretionary performance-based bonus
• 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Stakeholder Pension Scheme
• Private Health Insurance
• Group Income Protection Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Flexible working
• Training and Development
Negotiable – whilst all salaries are graded, Sembcorp is keen to attract, retain and develop the highest calibre of colleague. Also, the company offers a market-leading benefits package and annual bonus.
For more information on this opportunity please contact our retained recruitment partners Imperial Recruitment Group on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07936952266
By Imperial Recruitment Group