Electrical Projects Engineer
Based in: Wilton International, Teesside
Salary: Negotiable – Whilst all salaries are graded, Sembcorp are keen to attract, retain and develop the highest calibre of colleague. Also, the company offer a market leading benefits package and annual bonus.
Sembcorp Energy UK (SEUK), a wholly owned subsidiary of Sembcorp Industries, is a leading provider of sustainable solutions supporting the UK’s transition to Net Zero. With an energy generation and battery storage portfolio of over 1.3GW in operation or under development, our expertise helps major energy users and suppliers improve their efficiency, profitability, and sustainability, while supporting the growth of renewables and strengthening the UK’s electricity system
Our Wilton International site on Teesside sits within a hub of decarbonisation innovation. At the site, we provide energy-intensive industrial businesses with combined heat and power (CHP) via our private wire network that supplies electricity generated by gas and biomass.
These services are complemented by our fleet of fast-acting, decentralised power stations and battery storage sites situated throughout England and Wales. Monitored and controlled from our central operations facility in Solihull, these flexible assets deliver electricity to the national grid, helping to balance the UK energy system and ensure reliable power for homes and businesses.
We have announced some exciting growth projects recently:
Nova Pangea Technologies first commercial plant to be built at Wilton International on Teesside – unlocking critical pathway for sustainable aviation fuel
• Positively encourage a culture of safety first.
• Working with the Project delivery team to deliver project performance in line with business requirements.
• Actively seek updated, new, and emerging engineering standards to ensure the site standards are up to date and the assets in the business are Best Available Technology and comply to the latest Health, Safety & Environmental legislation, and statutory requirements.
• Provide technical advice to the projects team.
• Responsible for ensuring a structured and managed Technical Library and Drawing register is in place both physically and electronically.
• Responsible for ensuring a structured and managed electronic Engineering/Technical Specification/Standards Register in in place.
• Ensure that contractors provide accurate drawings as part of a build review and acceptance.
• Liaise with the existing Sembcorp electrical team to follow existing processes.
• Assisting the Project team with procedures and codal & hazardous area inspections and defect elimination and ensuring all drawings and inspection reports are up to date and filed electronically.
• Assisting the projects department with the specification and procurement of parts associated with delivery of the projects advising on legislative and relevant engineering standards to ensure compliance and “World class” standards maintained.
• Developing a strategy for interfacing with the current projects team with regards to the key requirements for Wilton site development and handover to Operations.
• A relevant Degree in Electrical Engineering is essential.
• Extensive experience in an electrical biased or HV Engineer role is required.
• Control systems experience for heavy industrial plants is essential.
• Expert knowledge of SHE legislation, DSEAR regulations and electrical wiring regulations (IEE) are required.
• HV experience to accept permits and sanction for tests would be beneficial.
• 18th Edition electrical qualifications is a must.
• City & Guilds 2391 or equivalent qualifications would be beneficial.
• Compex Ex01-Ex04 and Ex5&Ex6 certification would be beneficial.
• Experience in taking out High Voltage safety documentation would be beneficial.
• Competency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• A full driving licence is required and a right to work in the UK is essential.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Dan Lee at Imperial Recruitment Group email@example.com 01325467476 07842417090
By Imperial Recruitment Group