Since The UK Plastics Pact’s inception in April 2018, members have made positive early progress towards the four targets.
As we move forward there are a number of areas beginning to transform and take shape including:
• the redesign of packaging, moving away from unrecyclable formats and towards plastics
that have higher value;
• introduction of innovative re-use systems;
• better engagement with citizens to change recycling behaviours;
• investment in UK reprocessing; and
• the introduction of more recycled content into packaging.