Department for International Trade (DIT), is hosting a Chemicals mission to India in September 2022. This will be our first event to India, building on the success of virtual delegations and webinars over the last two years. We invite the best of British chemical companies with a focus on Sustainability, Green Manufacturing and Innovation, to join our mission to India.
This is an excellent opportunity to present UK innovation in Chemicals, and to explore business collaborations and develop contacts with key stakeholders from the Indian chemicals industry.
Please get in touch with us if you have an innovation that fits into one of the strands below:
Sustainability: Sustainability is becoming an imperative, not a buzzword, with various stakeholders placing a premium on it. Chemical companies could prioritize environmental sustainability to protect long-term shareholder value, while continuing to comply with local regulations. This can evolve into setting benchmarks for the Indian market for sustainable & green manufacturing of chemicals.
Innovation: Demand for innovative solutions for existing processes, manufacturing etc.
The Indian chemicals industry stood at £142 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach £243 billion by 2025 registering a CAGR of 9.3%. The demand for chemicals is expected to expand by 9% per annum by 2025. The chemical industry is expected to contribute £240 billion to India’s GDP by 2025. (Source: IBEF reports)
• An investment of £85 billion is estimated in the Indian chemicals and petrochemicals sector by 2025.
• The Indian chemical industry has numerous opportunities considering the supply chain disruption in China.
• Introduction of tax breaks and special incentives through Petroleum, Chemicals and Petrochemicals Investment Regions (PCPIR) or SEZs to encourage downstream units will enhance production and development of the industry.
• The dedicated integrated manufacturing hubs under PCPIR policy will attract an investment of £220 billion by 2035.
• Chance to interact with key stakeholders from Indian Chemicals Industry.
• Hear from Indian organisations on key issues/ opportunities and avenues to create successful partnerships in India..
• Be part of a strong delegation to showcase the UK’s unique strengths in Sustainability, Green Manufacturing and Innovation
• 2 days of focussed 1:1 meetings with potential buyers/partners from the largest clusters in the Indian Chemical industry (Gujarat & Maharashtra).
• Dedicated support from the DIT network.
Date: 21st & 22nd September 2022
Format of the Trade Mission and other related details will be shared closer to the date.
Last date for expressions of interest: Friday, 22nd July 2022
Event Dates: Wednesday, 21st September & Thursday, 22nd September 2022
Where: Ahmedabad & Mumbai, India
Mission Fee: A mission participation fee applies to participating organisations. (details will be shared post EOI)