Contact Thorne & Derrick for the competitive supply of the complete range of Wolf Safety Lamp portable & temporary lighting products including handlamps, torches, warning lights, tank lighting and floodlights.
Thorne & Derrick together with Wolf can offer a range of ATEX Compact LED Safety Torches.
The TR-65 (Zones 0, 1, 2, 21 & 22) and TR-60 (1, 2, 21 & 22) are compact, lightweight, right angle ATEX torches for use in the most demanding hazardous area workplaces.
Available now, these primary cell LED safety torches offer outstanding multi-functional performance & has a market leading maximum light output of 300 lumens – no safety torch shines more brightly!
4 X AA batteries power three output modes:
• 10% power – strong enough to see at close range, & be seen by in low light conditions, & offering 159 hours of light output (more than six days of continuous light!)
• Medium power – supplies 150 lumens light output for 14 hours
• Full power – 300 lumens maximum light output for maximum visibility when it’s needed
The beam pattern is designed to provide the ideal balance between intensity & size of spot beam, with a wide angle flood of emitted fringe light. Strong & robust, the torches are manufactured from materials proven in some of the world’s harshest Hazardous Area environments over the last two decades.
Don’t be left in the dark – with 15% battery power remaining, the battery level indicator will flash & the beam will interrupt momentarily once every 5 seconds.
With a market leading 300 lumens emitted from the torch, the new TR-65 has 3 power modes, is lightweight, compact and robust. Reliable, durable and easy to use and carry, the ATEX safety torch is ideal for use in the most demanding work places.
The medium power supplies a very useable light output for nearby illumination with an increased duration of up to 14 hours, and the lowest power setting provides a useful light to be seen by which will last for up to a staggering 159 hours.
The beam pattern is specifically designed for the optimum combination of spot and fringe light; perfect for viewing into the distance whilst providing enough nearby light to ensure safety from obstacles close at hand.
When the battery level falls to 15% of its maximum level, the battery charge indicator will flash (battery charge indicator only on TR-65 model), and the beam will be interrupted momentarily once every 5 seconds (both models), clearly alerting the user and ensuring they need never be left in the dark.
Strong and robust, both models are made from impact and chemical resistant thermoplastic – the same tried and tested super tough material used on Wolf hazardous area torches for nearly 2 decades.
Ergonomically designed for comfort in use, the large switch is easy to operate, even when wearing gloves. Two integral lanyard fixings allow the torch to be securely attached to a tunic, tool belt or bag.
A flatter back increases stability and a highly robust polymer clip keeps the torch firmly fixed in place, though it can be detached quickly if required and will ‘give’ if the user gets snagged on an obstacle.
Spare parts are readily available to enable users to replace the LED module, lens, clip, end cap, cassette or circuit if required.
The TR-60 is an economical and very viable alternative to the TR-65. Certified for use in Zone 1, it emits 200 lumens from a single setting, has a 12 hour battery duration and is fitted with a polycarbonate lens. It shares the same robust materials and construction as the TR-65.
ATEX SAFETY TORCH
FEATURES & BENEFITS
• 300 lumens emitted (TR-65)/200 lumens (TR-60)
• Duration at different power levels: 7/14/159 hours (TR-65)/Up to 12 hours (TR-60)
• 4 x AA alkaline primary cells
• 3 power modes for different light output (TR-65); single mode (TR-60)
• Balanced spot and fringe optics
• ATEX/IECEx Zone 0 (TR-65)/Zone 1 (TR-60)
• T4 temperature class
• IP66 and IP67 water and dust tight
• Battery level indicator (TR-65)
• Beam dip for last 15% of battery life (TR-65 and TR-60)
• Robust, reliable and proven materials
• Ergonomic design
• Compact and lightweight
• Large switch (easy to use even when wearing gloves)
• Deep discharge protection
• Robust polymer clip
• Two lanyard fixings – one at each end of the torch
• Easy maintenance, spare parts available
• Flat torch back increases stability
By Thorne & Derrick International