ReNU will train a new generation of specialists capable of tackling the most challenging problems in Renewable Energy (RE) and sustainable Distributed Energy (DE). Participants will be supercharged with business and innovation skills to drive innovation in Clean Growth.
ReNU is an EPSRC-funded centre for doctoral training in Renewable Energy in Northeast Universities,The involvement of industry in the ReNU programme is paramount to ensuring that the training is relevant to challenges industry face in the deployment of sustainable and renewable energy. ReNU is therefore calling on partners to contribute by:
1. Sponsoring a ReNU studentship
Directly influence the project via via a part-time ReNU studentship for an existing staff member. ReNU can provide 50-100% matched funding to cover a 4-year £100,000 studentship.
2. Directly investing in projects
– Existing projects – It’s not too late to invest in existing projects (commenced October 2019) that match your interests enabling your organisation to secure IP, generate new revenue streams or solve R&D challenges.
– Proposed projects – Projects will start in October 2020 on a broad range of topics aligned with the needs of the renewable energy sector from materials to systems.
– Modify a proposed project – use your investment to change the scope of a project to make a real difference to your organisation.
– Propose a new project – Business challenge? Invest in a ReNU doctoral studentship to obtain focused R&D on a problem that directly benefits your business.
3. In-kind Contributions to the training cohort
– Research placements
– Direct lectures or site visits
– Mini-projects (industry challenge or whole energy system)
By Northumbria University