ReNU will create a new generation of specialists capable of tackling the most challenging problems in Renewable Energy (RE) and sustainable Distributed Energy (DE). Participants will be supercharged with the business and innovation skills to needed to drive UK innovation in the Clean Growth
ReNU is the EPSRC-funded Centre for Doctoral Training in Renewable Energy in Northeast Universities,The involvement of industry in the ReNU programme is paramount to ensuring that the training is relevant to industry challenges in the deployment of sustainable and renewable energy. We are therefore calling on ReNU partners to contribute by:
1. Sponsoring a ReNU studentship
Directly influence the project via via a part-time ReNU studentship for an existing staff member. ReNU can provide 50-100% matched funding to cover a 4-year £100,000 studentship.
2. Direct Cash contribution
Partners can contribute to a projects in a number of ways:
• Existing projects – It’s not too late to invest in existing projects (commenced October 2019) that match your organisational needs to secure IP, generate new revenue streams or solve R&D challenges
• Proposed projects – Projects will commence in October 2020 on a broad range of topics in renewable energy from materials to systems that align with industry requirements.
• Modify a proposed project – use your investment to change the scope of a project to make a real difference to your organisation.
• Propose a new project – Business challenge? Invest in a ReNU doctoral studentship to obtain focused R&D on a problem that directly benefits your business.
2. In-kind Contributions to the training cohort
– Research placements
– Direct lectures or site visits
– Mini-projects (industry challenge or whole energy system)
For further information, visit https://renu.northumbria.ac.uk/ or email Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org
By Northumbria University