Job Profile Summary
bp are looking for a Control Room / Operations Technician during the Front-End Engineering & Design (FEED) phase of the Net Zero Teesside Project consisting of an onshore UK CCGT with Carbon Capture and a Transportation & Storage network for CO2; starting in Define and moving to Execute. The successful candidate will be accountable for providing quality input to the design to deliver the required operability and maintainability of plant and process equipment.
The role also includes supporting the progress of operational readiness for commissioning, start-up and operate.
Role location is Home based but it should be moved to Teesside within a year. Travel up to 30%
Progress the Operations agenda during FEED under two broad categories:
Input to FEED:
- Participate in HAZOPs and LOPAs, package and layout designs.
- Provide Operations input to operability reviews for Power, Capture, Compression, CO2 gathering network and subsea CO2 storage network.
- Support the commissioning, start-up and long-term operation of the facility as a shift-based Control Room / Operations Technician.
- Operations input PFD, P&ID, constructability, interface, model reviews and HMI / ICSS design across:
– Power, Capture and Compression FEED contractor.
– Onshore Pipe network FEED contractor.
– Offshore Subsea network FEED contractor.
- Support delivery of the Operations Readiness Plan (ORP):
– Provide operations input to integrated commissioning and start-up planning.
– Assist the Operations Manager with the development of ORP. Including content for training & competence. assurance, simulator usage and procedure development.
NVQ Level 3 in Process Operations or equivalent industry qualification.
- 10+ years post apprenticeship industry experience with 5+ years’ experience in a Control Room Technician role.
- Demonstrate HSE leadership within the operations team
- Recognized operations apprenticeship
- Self-motivated and able to perform without continuous supervision and able to work as part of a diverse team.
- Demonstrated ability troubleshooting within discipline
- Knowledge of permit to work, operations integrity, planning and risk assessments.
- Ability to work flexibly and to work from home, as well as travel to the various FEED Contractor offices & supplier facilities when required.
- Experience working in a project or project operations role, as well as periods of ‘normal operation’.
- Experience working on Power Stations
- Experience working on CO2 Capture Plants or similar chemical processes
- Experience working on pipe networks onshore or offshore
- Experience working with either COMAH / Seveso Directives
At bp, we provide phenomenal environment and benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others! Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future.
Entity: Production & Operations
Job Family Group: Operations Group
Travel required: Yes – up to 25%
Country: United Kingdom
About BP: PRODUCTION & OPERATIONS
This is the place to truly drive change. Our people develop hydrocarbon resources, deliver projects, operate refineries as well as oil and gas production assets.
Join us and make a difference by:
• making our production and operations safer and more standardised
• driving quicker reduction of our carbon emissions
• growing cash returns and delivering improved reliability and optimisation
• maximising efficiency through sharing resources
• accelerating the digital transformation of our operating assets
• developing our people faster, leveraging the scale of P&O
• building greater integration and collaboration in service of our purpose
Experience Level: Entry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.