We are hiring! Imperial Professionals are recruiting for a Maintenance Technician based in Newton Aycliffe. This is a permanent position, working Monday – Friday day shift. Salary: £34,300 moving to £36,300 once probation is completed.
To provide technically competent hands-on maintenance support and troubleshooting to the Compounds manufacturing plant equipment. To deliver improvements to Engineering and Maintenance work execution, planning and plant operations / reliability as defined by the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
To work closely with the Maintenance Supervisor, Asset Engineers, and maintenance contractors with a focus on improving equipment integrity and plant reliability at the lowest sustainable cost.
Help ensure the preventative, planned and un-planned (breakdown) activities are executed safely, efficiently, within budget and on schedule.
The job holder must ensure that company standards are met during the execution of all engineering work.
Deliver maintenance work according to the plan and feedback on progress via the maintenance management system. Ensure all plant defects are correctly identified and work orders are prioritised, planned/specified and completed safely, on time and to the required standard.
• Ensure all plant defects are raised in SAP.
• Provide timely and accurate feedback on the status of work, particularly at the daily maintenance meeting.
• Daily execution of key maintenance activities according to the maintenance plan.
• Scope jobs in advance to ensure correct materials and spares are available prior to undertaking the task.
• Contribute technical content to work specification to ensure repairs are done right first time.
• Contribute experience and knowledge to RCA’s for all major equipment failures.
• Preferred minimum HNC in Mechanical, Instrumentation or Electrical discipline (MSC’s require NVQ Level 3 or higher in second trade (elec or mech).
• Proven experience in technical problem solving and work execution in a manufacturing environment.
• Broad understanding of maintenance, planning, engineering, and supporting a manufacturing facility.
• Good understanding of rotating equipment including Compounders, Pumps, Blowers, Motors, DC/AC drives, PLC’s.
• Ability to read P&IDs, Mechanical / E+I drawings.
• Ability to write good quality Risk Assessments and follow procedures for safe systems of work.
• Working knowledge of standard IT systems – MS Windows, Lotus Notes, MS Excel and SAP
By Imperial Recruitment Group