Back to News >
Job Title: Carbon Specialist (Senior)
Location: Kirkham, UK or Home Based
Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
You will support our industrial, commercial and public sector customers in understanding their full carbon footprints and develop effective strategies for setting and achieving ambitious carbon reduction targets. You will also support the development of our services in this area and have input into external communications activities.
The main roles and responsibilities of this role will be:
- Carry out data analysis and report production in the delivery of strategic carbon management services including Scope 3 Inventories, Net Zero Strategy development, Science Based Target setting, CDP reporting etc…
- Collate and analyse technical and financial data on energy & carbon reduction solutions to provide practical and commercial information to customers
- Develop analytical tools and communications materials to support delivery and development of services
- Carry out research and analysis to develop our evidence base in carbon & net zero and input into external communications
- Attend internal and customer meetings / videoconferences as required, managing the communication of progress updates internally and external.
- Support provision of compliance and reporting services as required by the wider Optimisation team e.g. SECR, ESOS.
- Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in science or mathematical discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Awareness of and interest in climate change mitigation and Net Zero strategies and the global and national policy drivers
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy technology and carbon offset mechanisms, and how they contribute to Decarbonisation
- Ability to process complex technical data and concepts into client-ready information
- Advanced user of the Microsoft Office Suite, notably specialist in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to project manage small consultancy projects
We are seeing unprecedented interest and business growth in the Net Zero area, and this role is an opportunity to influence major energy users across all sectors to decarbonise their operations and reduce their environmental impacts.
You will be part of a unique organisation that covers a huge range of energy and carbon management activities; from procurement of green energy and offsets, carbon compliance and ESG reporting, metering and new connections, to energy efficiency, water management and renewable generation site works.