26 Feb 2024Read more >
THERMON HTSX HEAT TRACING CABLE
Self-Regulating Heat Tracing Cable
Thermon is pleased to announce another advancement in thermal technology with the launch of their new 400 & 480 Vac options for our best-in-class HTSX self-regulating electric heat tracing product line.
These new high voltage trace heating are the latest achievement in Thermon’s storied history of innovation, as we continue to create exceptional value for our customers by protecting and maintaining their critical assets, regardless of the weather.
HTSX cables are certified for use in ordinary (non-classified) areas and in potentially explosive atmospheres in accordance with the ATEX Directive and the IECEx Scheme.
➡ Let T&D help you specify the new high voltage HTSX to optimise your critical frost protection and process maintenance heat tracing systems today!
Thermon’s HTSX™ 400 & 480 Vac Self-Regulating Heat Trace delivers:
• Over 70% increase in voltage rating, creating new applications and usage cases for our inherently safe and reliable self-regulating technology
• Up to 110% increase in heat tracing circuit lengths, simplifying plant design and optimizing Total Installed and Maintenance Costs for our Customers
• Thermon’s unique and proven Monolithic Co-Extrusion (MCE) technology, offering improved life expectancy and reliability over the competition
• Identical T-Ratings to our lower voltage HTSX™ offerings, ensuring the same safe operation in hazardous areas
• Enhanced Safety and Easier Installation compared with other high voltage and extended circuit length heat trace technologies
Available in three nominal power outputs of 10, 15, and 20 W/ft at 480 Vac and 24, 40, and 57 W/m at 400 Vac, this new high voltage option features T-Ratings of T3 (for 10 & 15 W/ft) and T2C (for 20 W/ft). The three high voltage options can be energized with 380 to 480 Vac, complementing the existing six power output options that are available for both 100-120 Vac and 200-277 Vac.
Thermon’s new 400 & 480 Vac capability for HTSX has increased the voltage rating and circuit length, while maintaining the inherent safety, reliability, low cost of ownership, and ease of installation that Thermon HTSX is known for.
Thermon HTSX 3-2 Heat Tracing Cables provide a power output of 9 watts per metre (3 watts per foot) at 50°F (10°C) and are available for 230 Volt service voltages
Thermon’s team of engineers and scientists pioneered the world’s first MCE self-regulating heat tracing cable in 1997. As we have charted the path forward, significant investments in materials science, product design, and processing capabilities enabled the creation of our renowned HTSX, VSX-HT, and USX trace heating.
Thermon HTSX heating cables provide temperature maintenance and frost protection to pipework and mechanical services in all industries – typical applications include heating process pipework, instrument lines and storage tanks to maintain viscosity or prevent frost damage as an integral work-task of plant Winterisation.
By Thorne & Derrick International