Back to News >
The Engineering industry is of vital importance within the Tees Valley, with 3,100 businesses employing 19,000 people*. It is essential that employees are highly skilled in this sector and with a recognised skills gap within the local area, it is imperative that employers invest in their workforce to strengthen their ability and deliver engineering excellence.
As an employer within the local industry, Redcar & Cleveland College would like to invite you to attend the upcoming Educating Engineers: Upskilling the Workforce event, taking place at Redcar & Cleveland College in the Higher Education Lecture Theatre on Tuesday 19 March 2019 at 4.30pm – 6.00pm.
Redcar & Cleveland College Educating Engineers: Upskilling the Workforce
Tuesday 19 March 2019, 4.30 – 6.00pm
Redcar & Cleveland College, Higher Education Lecture Theatre
- Welcome from Neil Bowen, Head of Construction, Engineering and Service Industries
- NEPIC director, Felix O’Hare (Director of Projects – SMEs & Supply Chain), presenting the local industry needs and the skills gap
- Update on the new Engineering curriculum offer, Higher Apprenticeships and funding available
- Networking with local Engineering employers, along with our industry experienced tutors, current students and alumni
- Tour of the College Engineering facilities
- Future plans for Engineering within the College
Please visit www.rcc-engineering.eventbrite.co.uk to confirm your attendance by no later than Friday 15 March.
We look forward to seeing you there!
*Statistic from Tees Valley Combined Authority
External URL: www.rcc-engineering.eventbrite.co.uk
By Redcar & Cleveland College