26 Feb 2024Read more >
Territory Sales Specialist – Drug Discovery
UK Remote, will be covering European or North American markets
£50,000 – £60,000 plus bonus
CDM Life Sciences are delighted to have partnered with a global Contract Research Organisation and are keen to speak with experienced Technical Sales Specialist to join the team on a permanent basis.
As this is a remote position, you can be based anywhere in the UK, however you will be expected to travel for customer meetings, networking events etc.
As a Territory Sales Specialist, you will be a key player in expanding the company portfolio throughout your given territory, forging strong partnerships, and driving revenue growth. You will identify and cultivate new business opportunities, develop strategic relationships with potential clients, and collaborate closely with our scientific and operational teams to deliver exceptional CRO solutions that exceed client expectations.
• Prospect, identify, and engage with potential clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries to promote our CRO services. Establish and maintain a robust pipeline of opportunities for business growth.
• Develop and nurture strategic relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders in target organisations. Collaborate with internal teams to understand client needs and tailor customized solutions that address their unique requirements.
• Lead the preparation of high-quality proposals, presentations, and contract negotiations, ensuring alignment with client needs and industry standards. Demonstrate a deep understanding of our services and capabilities.
• Keep abreast of industry trends, market dynamics, and competitor activities to identify new growth opportunities and stay ahead in the CRO landscape.
• Represent the company at conferences, trade shows, and industry events to raise our profile and expand our professional network.
• Work closely with the executive team to develop revenue forecasts, track progress, and report on business development performance regularly.
• Foster strong, long-lasting relationships with existing clients, ensuring a high level of client satisfaction and seeking opportunities for upselling and cross-selling.
• Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams, including scientific, clinical, and operational departments, to ensure seamless project delivery and client satisfaction.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences. An advanced degree (MBA, MSc, or PhD) would be advantageous.
Proven track record of at least 5 years in business development or sales roles within a CRO, with a strong understanding of clinical research and drug development.
In-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries, with a deep understanding of the drug development process and clinical trials.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively present proposals, negotiate contracts, and build strong client relationships.
Self-motivated and results-driven with a strong sense of accountability for meeting and exceeding business development targets.
Collaborative and capable of working effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve shared goals.
Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required for client meetings and industry events.
If you’re looking to join a dynamic team and play a pivotal role in driving business growth, contact the CDM Life Sciences team for more information.
By CDM Recruitment Ltd