Asset Integrity Management Conference – Smart, Safe & Sustainable
28 Feb 2024Read more >
As of 1 April 2022, the new Plastics Packaging Tax rules came into force, which is intended to promote the recycling of, and use of recycled content within single use packaging. It has implications for all importers, manufacturers, and users of plastic packaging in the UK.
The underlying legislation is far reaching, covering all aspects of the supply chain process and among other things, places various requirements on businesses including the need to demonstrate appropriate due diligence and reporting requirements. The introduction of Plastics Packaging Tax will likely effect both suppliers and customers, through to the consumer.
In collaboration with Womble Bond Dickinson, DIT North East are hosting a roundtable discussion to highlight the potential impact the legislation could have on North East Chemical and Pharmaceutical businesses and what steps should be taken. The session will be structured around a few key questions to provide some basic structure for a facilitated discussion.
Date: Tuesday 14th June
Times: 14.30 – 15.30
The topics to be addressed include:
– Do you know if/how the PPT applies to your business?
– Mapping out your supply chain: do you know how to communicate with your customers and suppliers?
– What supply chain due diligence can be carried out to demonstrate compliance?
– What contractual arrangements are already in place for both the purchase and/or supply of goods containing plastic packaging components and what more can you do?
– Do you understand the current arrangements for exemptions and/or reclaiming PPT and how you can rely on them?
– Do you understand possible financial impact of the new regime, including possible sanctions for non-compliance?
– Do you know how to keep up to date with the changes to PPT?
By Department for International Trade