Megator was founded by F. W. McCombie in London, 1946. The Company was formed to Develop and Market the "Sliding-Shoe Positive Displacement Pump" which the founder had designed. In 1960, due to the steady growth of the business, it was decided that the manufacture of the Megator Pump should be in-house and so a factory and office complex was constructed in Sunderland where production commenced in 1962. Since its inception, the company has developed its product range, resulting in the production marketing of several product lines.
The company's many successes in exporting are highlighted by the recent selection of the Megator Sliding Shoe Pump by the U.S. NAVY, replacing an American pump as a standard fitting on American Warships and auxiliary vessels. Apart from our own Ministry of Defence, we have supplied pumps and associated equipment to the German Navy, Royal Dutch Navy, Brazilian Navy etc. and to many of the merchant fleets around the world. Also with the above, Megator can supply a complete range of Pollution Control Equipment including self-contained packaged units for use with concentrated or neat dispersant. The company can also supply a range of Skimmers, Booms, Strainers, AODD pumps and Oily Water Separators.