NEPIC Sunderland |
RTC North, Colima Avenue
Sunderland, SR5 3XB United Kingdom
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
If you have a product or service that is performing well at home, then there will almost certainly be a demand for it overseas. However, the idea of exporting is a daunting one and that is why we have developed an informal, introduction session to selling overseas that will let you dip your toes and see how it feels.
Join us in Sunderland on Tuesday 21 March for a morning of practical advice and handy tips to help you develop your knowledge of exporting. Through this session, we will help you better understand the impact of selling overseas and explore your business’ capabilities.
We will also work with you to identify suitable markets and consider a simple 6-step export plan for development and growth. One-to-one surgeries are also available to companies wishing to explore the next steps of the process.
During this session, we will cover:
• Benefits of choosing overseas markets – ten good reasons for selling abroad
• Assessment of potential – internal checklist of export potential including management commitment, management resources, capacity consideration and financial risk and reward
• Identifying and selecting foreign markets, customers and partners
• Assessing product / service suitability including compliance and certification • Product pricing including exchange rates, letter of credit etc
• Shipping of goods – incoterms and logistics
• Choosing the right sales channels – internet sales, use of agents, direct vs. indirect export and establishing a permanent presence
• Template for export action planning