Join the Department for International Trade (DIT) North East and DIT Japan for an in-depth briefing session, discussing the Free Trade Agreement and what it means for North East businesses looking to expand in this market.
Date: Tuesday 15th June
The UK has recently signed a Free Trade Agreement with Japan offering UK businesses the opportunity to capitalise on new opportunities, streamlining market entry and making “doing” business easier.
But how much do you know about this key export market?
– It is the third largest economy after the US and China
– It is possible to set up a business in Japan in two weeks
– You can establish profitable business there in 3-5 years
– It is globally connected with 20 ports and 5 international airports
What does this mean for North East businesses?
All UK businesses benefit from a tariff-free trade on 99% of exports and there are opportunities across many sectors including:
– Financial and Professional Services
– Food & Drink
– Digital Services
– Smart Manufacturing
– Life Sciences
– Renewable Energy
With a history of technological innovation, digital excellence, achievements in life sciences and a strong food and drink and retail offer, North East businesses are in a strong position to take advantage of the new trading relationship.
– Gain insight into the Japanese market from in-market experts
– Hear from leading figures from North East companies who have found success in Japan and find out how they did it
– Learn about the full range of support and information available from DIT to help you with your export plans
This is a great opportunity to find out more about the opportunities available within this market and how your business can benefit from trading in Japan.
By Department for International Trade