Parliamentary Export Programme
Back to News >
The Parliamentary Export Programme (PEP) is a new Export Support programme, launched in November by Minster Stuart.
- PEP will draw on the convening power of MPs to encourage local businesses to begin or expand their exporting journey.
- The 2021 programme is primarily focused on the Levelling Up areas of the North, Midlands and South West and the Devolveds.
- The first cohort of MPs has now been finalised, with 100 MPs taking part across the UK and across parties.
- We will undertake a review in the Spring re onboarding waitlisted MPs
Department for International Trade will organise three online constituency-based events for each MP
between Jan-Nov 2021. Each event will:
- Be 60 min long and chaired by the MP
- Have a consistent theme and format
- Include constituency-based SME attendees, invited by DIT, our partners and the MP’s own networks
Event 1 will take place between January – early April 2021 with the theme ‘Free Trade Agreements and Exporting after Brexit’
- It aims to inform businesses of changes to trading, update on FTAs and provide an overview of DIT’s support and services.
- DIT will organise an in-person Parliamentary Event in Dec 2021, inviting MPs and their nominated businesses.
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Department for International Trade